Civil Servants for the East India Company used to be nominated by the Directors of the Company and thereafter trained at Haileybury College in London and then sent to India. Following Lord Macaulay’s Report of the Select Committee of British Parliament, the concept of a merit based modern Civil Service in India was introduced in 1854. The Report recommended that patronage based system of East India Company should be replaced by a permanent Civil Service based on a merit based system with entry through competitive examinations. For this purpose, a Civil Service Commission was setup in 1854 in London and competitive examinations were started in 1855. Initially, the examinations for Indian Civil Service were conducted only in London. Maximum age was 23 years and minimum age was 18 years. The syllabus was designed such that European Classics had a predominant share of marks. All this made it difficult for Indian candidates. Nevertheless, in 1864, the first Indian, Shri Satyendranath Tagore brother of Shri Rabindaranath Tagore succeeded. Three years later 4 other Indians succeeded. Throughout the next 50 years, Indians petitioned for simultaneous examinations to be held in India without success because the British Government did not want many Indians to succeed and enter the ICS. It was only after the First World War and the Montagu Chelmsford reforms that this was agreed to. From 1922 onwards the Indian Civil Service Examination began to be held in India also, first in Allahabad and later in Delhi with the setting up of the Federal Public Service Commission. The Examination in London continued to be conducted by the Civil Service Commission… Read More
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced a notification for the recruitment of Assistant Director Safety (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical), Translator (Tibetan) vacancies. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 15-03-2018 by 23:59 Hrs. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, fee & how to apply are given below:
Total No of Vacancy: 06
Name of the Posts:
1. Translator (Tibetan): 01 Post
2. Assistant Director Safety (Chemical): 01 Post
3. Assistant Director Safety (Electrical): 01 Post
4. Assistant Director Safety (Mechanical): 03 Posts
Age Limit: Candidates age should be 35 years for Post 1, 4, 38 years for Post 2, 40 years for Post 3 as on closing date for submission of online applications. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree in the Foreign Language concerned (TIBETAN) with English as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level/ Bachelor’s degree with English as a compulsory or elective subject with Diploma in Foreign Language concerned (Tibetan) for Post 1, Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent for Post 2, Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent for Post 3, Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent for Post 4 from a recognized University with relevant experience.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on recruitment test or interview.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 25/- in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/ master credit/ debit card. No fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.upsconline.nic.in on or before 15-03-2018 by 23:59 Hrs and submit printout of online applications along with relevant documents by post or hand to the UPSC on or before 16-03-2018 by 23:59 Hrs.
Instructions to Apply Online:
1. Before applying online candidates have to scan the copies of photograph & signature.
2. Log on through the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
3. Click on “Online Recruitment Application (ORA) for Various Recruitment Posts”.
4. Click on “New Registration”.
5. Fill all the details carefully & submit the form.
6. After successful registration, a unique registration ID will be allotted, note down the ID & password.
7. Now fill the personal profile, contact details, age relaxation if applicable.
8. Now fill the details of qualification, experience.
9. Now fill the details of Professional Registration, Language, Miscellaneous Module.
10. Now candidate have to choose the Recruitment Test Centre.
11. Now upload documents in Document Upload Module.
12. After uploading photograph & signature preview the ORA form and check the details carefully.
13. Now click on the submit button
14. Candidates can Pay Fee using the Internet banking facility in SBI or other associated banks or can pay through Visa/ Master Debit or Credit card issued by any Bank/ Institution.
15. Here the Transaction ID & Date of Registration details will directly uploaded automatically.
16. Now pay the fee through cash at any branch of State Bank of India through the Pay-in-Slip
17. A transaction ID will be given, again revisit the website and click on the “Click here to view your Previous/ Currently active applications”.
18. Log in by registration ID & password, candidates can see “My Active Application (My draft Application)” link.
19. Now fill the details of transaction ID and Date of Transaction if paid through cash.
20. Click “Continue”, check the details of fee and submit the application.
21. Now take printout of online application for future use.
For online Employer Notification for “Asst Director & Translator Posts” Vacancies–Click Here
Last Date to Apply Online: 15-03-2018 by 23:59 Hrs.
Last Date to take Printout of Application: 16-03-2018 by 23:59 Hrs.